So cuz I haven't posted in a few days you may all fear that I died in the mountains, but fear not, I am very much alive! I have just been pretty busy all week--orienting (no, it is not orientating) myself to life here on campus.
So the "strangers" that I went into the woods with have turned out to be pretty cool. They are all older than me, I think I am the youngest grad student in the program. That aspect is a little strange--a lot of people have had real jobs, some are married and a few have kids! (Including kids that are as old as me!) But all in all they seem like pretty chill people with really interesting life stories that I am excited to get to know.
For the past three days we have been trapped in a computer lab in McKenzie hall slaving away to better understand programs like Word, Excel and Powerpoint. We'll see what I remember when I have to complete the "assignment."
A couple of the second-years are taking us under their collective wings and guiding us through a pub-crawl this evening to get a better sense of Eugene's nightlife. They keep saying it's not that exciting...but I am telling you the number of bars is copious compared with Walla Walla.
Tomorrow I think I will venture to the Farmer's Market to take in some good 'ol hippy dippy culture and some delicious fruits and vegetables.
Well, TTFN!! Take care!
Friday, September 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment