Unfortunately, x-mas break 2005 has come to a close and winter term 2006 has begun. Today was day 2 of class and it definitely looks like it is going to be a toughie! One class, CPW, requires about 20 hours of work, just for that class! Another class (City Growth and Design) requires multiple site visits before we redesign a specific area--oh my gosh! Oh well, I wanted a little more challenge after last term. Also, every day I have to be in class by 8:30--it makes me feel adult to be up before the sun even rises! And then I eat Reeses Peanut Butter Puffs for breakfast just to keep that grown-up side in check.
Before returning to school I attended Chris' wedding with Matt. The ceremony was very nice. Matt and I both liked the lighting of the unity candle as well as the request for the parents of the bride and groom to vow to support the marriage. The wedding was attended by a couple of other Whitties (Pacemaker, Jeff T. and his wife Erica (who apparently went to Whitman but no one recognizes her) and Ray)...it was great to see Ray...other than that I mostly stuck by Matt and kept telling him I wished Mihak was there...she always makes things more lively! I really appreciated Chris taking the time to intorduce us to Felicity and make sure we were having a good time. All in all it was a very nice event--there was even a chocolate fondue fountain! Yum!
After the wedding Matt was gracious enough to come to Eddie's with me (so he could send a full report back to Mihak) we hung out at E's for awhile then went to the nickel arcade...I love that place! We met Eddie's friend Eliza there and after collecting our prizes heade out to Salvador Molly's which ahs excellent mojito's and I plan to go again!
Sunday after dropping Matt at the train station I had lunch with Eddie and Sam at the thai restaurant. Then I went to Jane and Jean-Eli's and met my new cousin Andre. Finally, I headed back to Eugene and enjoyed a lovely dinner with Jenny, Jeff and Jess...I forgot my J name! The evening was capped off with a fairly decent episode of DH. A pretty good finale weekend if I do say so myself.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You saw the Pacemaker??? Lucky bitch. Wait, and Jeff Tillinghast is married? To Erica the English major that he was dating forever? Thanks for keeping up with the gossip. (I'm still shocked that I'm grown up enough to have married ex-boyfriends...)
Post a Comment