Just got back from the Portland Street of Dreams. I have to say that I found it to be much better than Seattle's. The nicest thing was the variety in the homes--there was definitely something for everyone!
The biggest drawback was the size of the home theaters--or more aptly, the screens--not all that impressive. All of the houses had excellent outdoor areas. There were two houses that I didn't like much--one was too dark and the other too fancy.
There was one house (The Doernbecher Miracle House) that was absolutely stunning--it looked like a cross between Frank Lloyd Wright and a NW style lodge--the best part: the deck all the way around.
In the first house we saw there was even a tap built into the counter in the outdoor area--very cool. There was also a mini golf course with a seperate garage in which to park your golf cart!
Overall, I think the houses provided better variety and more to look at then Seattle's and the operation ran much more smoothly. Although both were fun experiences! Seattle's is already over, but if you have a chance Portland's is going until the 28th of August and is well worth the 15.00.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment