I just returned this evening from a few days in Seattle visiting Matt and Mihak. I have to say, I had the most fun I have had in awhile!
Upon on arrival on Friday we met up with some whitties and went out to a bar called the Chapel bar--I guess it used to be a funeral home--kind of weird, and very chi chi Seattle, but the martinis were good! Everybody stayed really late, I slept on the floor because Steve was on the couch, and woke up with a slight hangover, but nothing bad.
Once we got moving staurday we met Matt's parents in Pioneer square and went on the underground tour of Seattle--very cool and extremely interesting, I definitely recommend if you like history and haven't done it. Also, if you happen to be in Seattle and see purple squares in the sidewalk, that is a skylight in the underground, cool, huh?? Saturday night we met Matt and Mihak's parents for dinner at Wild Ginger--tres yummy, another Seattle must! Later we went to a bar called Barca with Brynn and Kevin, and ran into some other random Whitties. After that we went to a bar just down from there...kind of lame (at least M and I thought, but Matt liked it).
Sunday we got up earlyish and met Matt's mom to go to the Street of Dreams. None of us were overly impressed--but there were some cool houses. It was really HOT though...like really hot, I hate it when its like that. Mihak and I bought a couple bottles of wine that night and we just watched a movie called the Machinist--really creepy!
Monday went to Mihak's house and chilled there. We had lunch and hung out with her family while her brother packed to head back to Whitman. On a side note, seeing Luke pack made me realize for the first time how much I really am going to miss that little idyllic place...ah, well...
Then we went out to happy hour at this place that poured their drinks incredibly strong--like 3/4 alcohol and a splash of juice--wow!! So we had a lot to drink and a lot of fried food--kind of a bad combo--oh well.
Today Mihak and I met Annica and walked around Pike Place Market...and then around the West Lake area where we met Jen--we had a bite to eat and then walked back up to Mihak's. After chatting with Matt for a bit, I said goodbye to him and Mihak drove me to the train station.
All in all an excellent time--I really enjoyed my time there!
On another note...isn't interesting how even when you aren't sure how you feel about someone, you want them to call you and pay attention to you? Hmm, well, we'll see what happens...
Night all! :)
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment