Eugene seems big to me. I know this seems like a ridiculous statement considering most of you live in much bigger cities...but a lot of times I feel a bit overwhelmed. It isn't so much the number of people, for now I can stand that, it is more the sprawl of everything. Take for example going to Target. Mapquest made it seem easy, and it was...but, I had to drive down W. 11th for like EVER...seriously, to the edge of town...looking around I felt that I was in Walla Walla again, that is how remote it was.
In addition to this--nothing is located in the same place, Old Navy and Barnes and Noble are on complete opposites end of town...Wal Mart and Costco? Nowhere near each other and I still can't figure out if it is closer to go to Springfield than to some places in Eugene.
In the midst of all my driving adventures I almost killed someone the other day...really. I checked my blind spot and I swear no one was there...but apparently there was. A lady (soon to be very angry) in a green car. Man was she pissed....she kept yelling at me (after she honked profusely). C'mon lady, I know I did something wrong...you honked for christsakes....and why are you yelling at me when my window is up--I CAN'T HEAR YOU! But, wow, she was scary.
Today I went to the art museum on campus...I had to pay 3 dollars with my Whitman id (crafty, I know, bless them for not printing dates)...because I don't have my U of O id yet. But I went because there was this photo exhibit that I wanted to see on photos of the American West. It w as cool because it reminded me of that awful photography class I took, but in a good way. I like it when I feel like i have learned something.
Alright, I am off to work out and scrounge up something to eat, hope you're all well :).
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment