Monday, November 07, 2005

Hot Cider...

Is one of the most delicious drinks known to humankind...seriously, yummy. On Sunday I went cider pressing with the fam and dragged a few friends along. It was nice to get out of Eugene and fun to see the family even if they are crazy. Nothing will ever say fall to me like being at the winery outside in the cold, squishing apples in to juice.

On top of the cider was lots of delicious food--Salmon pate (one of my family favorites), veggies and dip, chicken and dumplings and grandpa's homemade huckleberry pie...I am going to be working off the excess calories for weeks.

I was thinking about it today though; in a couple of weeks is thanksgiving and then x-mas a couple of weeks after that...that adds up to serious family time! Why can't they space the holidays out a little more? I feel like we get a glut of relativism (meaning relative time, not relativism in any other sense) during the winter months, but not enough during the rest of the year.

On the bonus side: all these holidays mean serious home time...which means getting to see alot of people :).

P.S. I got another wedding invitation--god, I am feeling old...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allyson Nicole Griffith. I was scanning through "recently updated" friends on the Facebook and I noticed that your Facebook relationship staus now reads "in a relationship." So yay you!!
And of course I want to know who this lucky man is.
Isn't it weird that we find out these things from the internet now? I miss ol' college. *snif*
Lizzie :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I want to know who the lucky guy is too. Come on Al, stop holding out on us.

And feeling old? Yeeesh, just wait till your 25 ;)

-Sam (http://skylab.org/~sam)

Anonymous said...

Sam, as a fellow 25 year old, all I can say is I'm glad the wedding invite Al got was mine.

But on the other hand Al, if getting wedding invites makes you feel old, just imagine what sending them out must feel like!

Sorry I'm jumping in on this post a few days late; I was busy getting the shit kicked out of me in Virginia. But now I have plenty of time to read bloggs :p

Anonymous said...

Feeling old? At 25!? Jeeeeez... just wait until you're 28!

-Lucky Man