Monday, January 30, 2006

Skipping through the strawberry fields I go

Man are the titles of my blog entries boring! So I decided to write something totally random to liven things up. Something about the song "Strawberry Fields Forever" always made me feel blisfully happy and carefree and I need that right now. So yeah, I am pretending to skip through strawberry fields...tra la la la...la...

I have also realized that I use those little dots waaay too much. See above paragraph for a nifty example. I think the reason I do this though is because that is how thoughts work in my head. They randomly appear and disappear and kind of trail off at will...like that.

I went to Portland on Friday to hang out with Eddie :). Friday night we chaperoned a high school/middle school dance at his school. It definitely reminded me of the excitement (read: hormones?) surrounding a dance, especially in middle school. It also brought back memories of hanging out with the DSG's dancing the night away with wild abandon...er...something like that. But let me tell you, social dancing is definitely enhanced by alcohol use! Not that I would know anything about that :). It was also cool to see Eddie's school so I can envision him at work when he talks about it.

After our dancing extravaganza we went out for tempurah ice cream--yum! Double yum because we also had some green tea ice cream too! The waitress was really nice and seemed very enthused about our ice cream choices.

Saturday morning Eddie was nice enough to go with me to Nat's soccer game. It's always fun to see the fam and I especially wanted to see Andre. He is too cute! I got to hold him for awhile which was very fun. After the family outing E and I went fabric shopping for curtains for his living room. It was quite the endeavor and we didn't leave with any fabric--just samples! Saturday night Eddie made a delicious dinner and his friend Khai and her housemate Kevin came over and hung out with us.

Sunday morning I met my mom at her friend's house for tea and scones and chit chat. I felt very adult! After that I drove to Eugene in a driving rain storm. When I got back I prepped for a group meeting and then hand my meeting. It was just the beginning of the usual grind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DSG Forever! Those were the days man. Dancing away to Blues Traveller, Marvin Gaye, OAR, etc. Anyway, sounds like a jam-packed weekend. Can't wait to see you in not too many days :-).