Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I Need a Drink

Seriously, one tall cold drink is in order. I am sitting on the couch this evening contemplating how wonderful a cocktail would be. Does that make me an alcoholic? I hope not, it probably would if I had liquor in my cabinet, but I don't.

On to bigger and better (and less alcoholic sounding) things. I had a very stressful day today...a lot more work than I was expecting. The thing is I forgot how very stressful school can be. A lot of the time I just want to try out the work world and see how that would be. But I am pretty sure I would run screaming back into the arms of academia pretty damn quick.

On to other big life changing subjects...children? Lately I have been thinking about having kids. Not in that "I must have kids now" kind of way, but in a "having kids wouldn't be so bad." This is a big change for me. I used to not want to have kids no way no how...I was certain I would fuck them up. Well, I might still fuck them up...but I kinda want to try my hand anyway.

Other life changing thoughts: How about a geographical shift? Boston perhaps? Or Seattle? I have another year and a few months to think about it...but I am pretty sure I might like to try somewhere new. Not that I am stretching my wings too far...I have friends in both locales and I would love to be near(er) to them.

So yeah, between school, kids and moving no wonder I need some liquor!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

MOVE TO DC!!!

You know you want to!

Love Kristen

Anonymous said...

Al, reading your post made ME want liquor. Whoa.
And I vote for Seattle. But DC would also be fun. Trust me and Kristen on this. ;)