I indulged two of my passions today. Alright, I sort of indulged them in literary form anyway. This afternoon I treated myself to two books. Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour and Bill Barich's Traveling Light. This feeds two of my loves, travel and food.
Bourdain's book is a follow-up to Kitchen Confidential which was, I daresay, a delicious look at the restaurant scene. This book chronicles Bourdain's tours for the Food Network program by the same name. I can wait to delve into his wry wit and humorous antecdotes.
Traveling Light is about Barich's year of "wandering" from California to England and Tuscany. I love traveling and I look forward to reading about the Italian countryside and the bustling metropolis of London. I always like to hear other people's travel stories and this is an adventure I can't wait to savor.
I bought both these books because they were ridiculously on sale. I got both for a total of 9.98...one was even hardcover...pretty good deal if you ask me!
Next post: My thoughts on a certain Jimmy Buffet song...
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay for treating yourself to books...and on sale! I think that after grad school you should forget dreary public policy for a while and be a traveling food connoisseur. You would rock at that. You'd go to foreign countries, seek out the best food around, eat it, and write about it for those of us who want to know what the best food abroad is like. Ooh, and full-color pictures are a must.
Post a Comment