What a weekend! Definitely action packed! I had a lot of social time, not so much homework time...oh well!
Friday, after what I thought was pretty good meeting, I ran around packing and cleaning so I could blow this popsicle stand. Finally, at 1:30 (an hour late) I was in the car and on the road. The drive was absolutely gorgeous! During my drive, however, I kept thinking that my alignment was off...lo and behold, however, I found out that it was really strong winds causing my car to feel off-kilter. When I reached Portland the radio was saying that with the wind chill factor the temperature was 14 degrees...brrr....
Needless to say, there went my plans for a walk and some frisbee in the park. Way too cold! E and I hung out for awhile then headed to West Linn for dinner with my mom and Matt and Mihak--yay!! On the way home I stopped at Rachel's to pick up some chocolates, she is so awesome! And so is chocolate.
Because Matt and Mihak beat us home we met them there then Mihak and I took a trip to the grocery store. I was impressed that the boys could stay home and hang out with my mom...does this mean I should elevate them to the level of men?? Okay, only kidding. :)
For dinner we had lasagna (with organic beef) bread and salad. My brother even showed up to hang out. Afterwards we hung out chatting for awhile and then we watched some olympics.
Saturday morning my mother made scones, yummy! I took Matt and Mihak to Eddie's house. From there we parked by Rejuvenation and walked through looking at lighting and furniture. The men (haha) managed to find a phonograph which was very cool. After this little excursion we walked across the Hawthorne Bridge and took a brief tour of downtown. We then walked back and showed Matt and Mihak Hawthorne and Belmont Streets. After that we had dinner at Saburo's...yay!! I love sushi...at least there :).
After dinner I abandoned Matt and Mihak (preplanned, but still felt like abandonment) and went to the Buddy Guy concert with Eddie and his friends Khai and Eliza. Overall, it was a good time. It would have been a better time sans the old drunk lady who was pathetically throwing herself at anonymous men. Nonetheless, a good time. After the concert we went to Salvador Molly's for drinks and food. I really like the mojitos there.
Sunday morning we cruised down to Eugene with a brief stop at the Woodburn outlet malls. When we hit town we took a stroll around campus and then had a drink at Max's. After that we stopped for dinner (and dessert) at the Dough Co. We managed to watch Desperate Housewives before Mihak nodded off.
This morning I headed to class and then Matt and Mihak for brunch/lunch at the Glenwood. From there we walked down to the 5th Street Market and hit up some going out of business sales. The funny thing is that every time we went shopping this weekend Matt was the only one who bought anything!
Now Matt and Mihak are on their way back and I miss them already! Seattle for spring break? I think so!
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi friend!!! Thanks again for a great weekend. I'm so happy that I finally got to meet Eddie. Once again, you did NOT abandon us! I had fun hanging out with auntie Karen and the rest of the fam ;) PLEASE come to Sea-town for spring break. You and Eddie can go backpacking half of the week and then visit us the other half! PERFECT! ;) Miss you already!!!
If you'll be in Sea-Town between March 10th and 18th, let me know because I'll be there for break too. We should catch up, I tell you.
Post a Comment