On Friday Keri and I left from lab for our Memorial Day camping trip. We drove to Sunset Bay park on the Oregon Coast. The weather was fairly nice and we arrived at about 6:30. We set up our tent and grabbed some firewood from our uber-friendly camphost. Shortly after learning that man's life story Amarah and Sam arrived.
Amarah had made us a delicious dinner which we enjoyed around a small fire. We then walked to the beach to watch the sunset into the bay...unfortunately there were quite a few clouds blocking our view. We struggled to build a fire that night, but Keri and I managed to make some smores nonetheless.
Admist rain on Saturday morning Keri and I awoke and broke down our tent. We stopped at the botanical gardens on Cape Aarago and had lunch in Coos Bay. We then continued on to the Valley of the Rogue State Park. We arrived about noon and it was still raining. We set up our tent and played some cards and read. After awhile we both agreed to go into Grants Pass and see a movie. We stopped for Mexican food and then saw the DaVinci Code.
Sunday morning we checked out the baby birds along the river and then drove to Crater Lake National Park. It was actually snowing! Still, the lake looked quite beautiful. We then drove back to Eugene.
I was a bit of a terrible passenger, I fell asleep a couple of times and was short on conversation. All in all, however, it was quite a fun little adventure. A combination of camping and road trip.
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment