Tuesday, May 23, 2006

To the other side and back again....

Ahoy Mateys! Sorry for my long absence but things have been BUSY...yes, I need all those capital letters. The drudgery of school rolls on...but it will be done in a little over three weeks! Wow, now if I could just get a job...

To break up the monotony I went to Boston...yeah that would be Massachusetts...this past weekend.

So, midterm is done and I am trying to avoid other work, so I will update this blog now. I took a redeye to Boston so I arrived early Friday morning. When I arrived I took the T to my mother's hotel room and rested for awhile. I reawoke about noon and took a shower. Then my mom came back and we went out shopping. We went to Ann Taylor Loft to get a dress for Julie's wedding...I also ended up with a very cute skirt!

After our shopping adventure we met my mom's co-workers and Erica and Rob for a drink. It was super fun to meet Rob and I drank beer with blueberries in it...yum! After our drinks Erica, Rob and I walked around downtown and went jewlery shopping--hehe. We then walked through Boston Commons to our dinner destination.

All I can say about dinner is WOW! Seriously, wow...if you're planning on being in Boston you should definitely go to Maggiano's.

Rob drove us back to Erica's house and we all fell asleep...in the morning Rob made us a great breakfast and Erica and I finally got moving around 2. We walked all over Boston with my mom, had cannoli at Mike's and dinner at a restaurant called Cottonwood. We then met Rob at Zuma's for another drink.

The next day Erica and I spent most of the day at the aquarium (we thought the big sea turtle was dead...but apparently it was sleeping). After that we went to explore Harvard...but our plans were slightly thwarted by a thunderstorm. We took the T back to Erica's and graded some spelling tests.

Well, that was my Boston adventure in a very condensed nutshell!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you want me to call you?
~Lins

Anonymous said...

Go Al go! Kick some midterm ass!