I am slightly inhibited as I write this post by a body suffering from day-after soreness. No, not THAT kind of day after soreness, but the day after snowboarding soreness.
My whole body hurts, suffice it to say that I have discovered muscles in my body that I certainly never knew existed. I could barely get my self out of bed to go to the bathroom this morning and I really had to pee!
So why did I undertake this adventure you may ask? Everyone told me I was going to hurt...I thought I was going to hurt like I had run for a really long time, not like I had been run over by a truck. I went because I am a sucker and because I am trying to be more adventurous. I have wanted to undertake daring downhill winter sports for a long time...I have thought about skate skis, I have considered boarding and I was finally convinced onto one of these thin torture devices.
Okay, so it wasn't that bad...it was a beautifully sunny day at Willamette Pass, the skies were clear and the air was crisp. I learned how to get off a chair (fall), I learned how to use my toe side (not too bad), how to turn (good until I get to my heels) and my heel side (fall). I got really really used to falling on my butt, as my bruised tailbone will tell you.
I managed to make it up the mountain for two (count them, two) runs (both of which lasted approximately two hours). I ate a lot of snow and gave myself plenty of bruises.
Everyone says I have to get back up and try it again...I think it will be at least two months before I forget how badly I hurt and think about being adventurous again!
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment