Friday, February 02, 2007

Pretend Like It's the Weekend Now

So here I sit at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon and the last thing I want to do is write a work program (which is what I should be doing :)). So, I will update you on my life instead.

As you can see from the post previous to this one--I have applied to the Tacoma Management Internship. Now you and I both know that that by no means gaurantees that I will in fact be in Tacoma come June. But, I think does cement something that has been brewing in my head for the past year. I am pretty sure that come June I would like to end up in Seattle. I have spent quite a bit of time there in the past two months and I have found several positives. The main driver behind this is of course to move closer to the Whitties who are near and dear to my heart. If, however, that was the only reason I could move to San Francisco or Washington D.C. or really even back to Portland. I also like Seattle because I see it as an opportunity to live in a big city and make it all my own. We'll see...this latest development certainly does not exclude Portland, Boston or anywhere in Colorado--I would just say that Seattle is the front runner right now.

This weekend my mom is coming to town for wedding. She and I are going to go to lunch tomorrow and brunch on Sunday morning. My friends also want her to stay for the Superbowl, so we'll see if she wants to do that. Also, because the weather is nice I hope that we can stroll along the bike paths and maybe hike a butte.

In other news: I am kinda bummed because Mihak is dropping out on our Spring Break plans to go hiking in Utah. Although Rachel might still want to go I just don't know if I really want to take the trip with just two of us who don't have any experience in the Utah parks. We'll see. All my Eugene friends are heading to Greece for two weeks, but because I have class I could only go for a week and that just doesn't seem worth it. So yeah, suffice it to say I am taking votes on spring break as well.

I hope you all have a little time to enjoy the weekend and eat some bannana pancakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the internship! Find the location you really want to be and don't settle for anything less.

Bananas pancakes rule.

Raychaa said...

Likin' the new style! And I like my new nickname, since I am hot and I am fresh. Better than a baguette, wrong temperature for sushi...

But, quite honestly, I'm a big fan of the website in my prefecture that lists me as Charitity Coordinator. These babies aren't just for looks, you know... they help influence the menfolk to do volunteering. Hot 'n' Fresh Charitity indeed?