That said, I have been spending a copious amount of time on craigslist recently. Two things I have noted...actually, 3; (1) There are a wiiiiiide variety of people out there, (2) People are cocky (especially boys)--you're never as good looking as you think you are--or if you are, you know it and that just is not attractive, and (3) people have awful grammar and spelling--don't tell me how intellegent you are--that just makes you look even more stupid.
Okay, with all that said, I thought it would be an interesting challenge to have people write their own personal ads--even if you're in a relationship I think this could be an intersting exercise. Remember: this all about sales--how are you gonna make the ladies or gents fall in love at first click?
Because I know you'll all be too chicken to break the ice I will go for it first. Please note this is my first ever personal ad (that is the kind of lame disclaimer you should not put in your personal ad--I don't believe you! :)).
Here goes:
10 Totally true things about me:
- I am in my early 20s
- I love dogs
- I adore reading
- I am loud (really loud)
- I am just as comfortable with a night in as a night out
- My ideal date: chinese take out and a beer
- I like hiking and camping
- I love movies--except really really scary ones
- I will probably listen to anything on your stereo at least once
- My life motto: Life goes on...
Ten things I would like to be totally true about you:
- You are of the male sex
- You love dogs
- You're willing to at least try and get along with my friends
- You don't get drunk every night, but you know how to party
- You like movies (even arty ones)
- You can hold an intelligent conversation (and kind of like to push my buttons)
- You can cook (ramen does not count)
- You like to get off the couch, but you see the value in a lazy day
- You like to cuddle
- You're employed, drug and disease free
Alrighty folks...I need to quit screwing around...give this little test your best shot....

2 comments:
I will post my best "personal ad" when I have a moment to think about it. BTW- the title of the blog is very appropriately titled :)
I returned your call. We might play phone tag the rest of our lives.
SWF seeks hott, straight, not retarded man. Must love orphans.
Really, is that SO much to ask?
Post a Comment