I have become absolutely addicted to this show which can be found at www.myspace.com/quarterlife it is made by the people who made My So Called Life and it follows around a group of what I assume are 25 year olds...and it just make so much damn sense right now.
The main narrator of the show had this to say in one of the episodes: "I just want a relationship. Is that too much to ask? I want to have sex on a regular basis and be kissed in the morning and do ridiculous boring things together." Amen, sister.
My only problem is I want that with just the right guy....
Which leads me to the title of this post. I am a commitmentphobe no doubt about it...as soon as I get what I think I want, I run from it, or find a reason it isn't quite right. This general attitude has caused me to build quite the list of criteria if you will with whom I am willing to enter in to such a relationship as mentioned above. I basically want a man who is a hippie crunchy, earth loving, cowboy who can talk politics and watch girlie movies and looks just as good in a suit and tie as he does in a pair of carhartts and a flannel shirt. I want someone who likes kids and loves dogs, someone who watches football and can fix my car. But also somebody who likes farmers markets and art galleries. Damn.
Maybe the ladies at work are right, maybe I just need to learn to compromise...
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dude, in one specific case I am glad you are a commitment-phobe. ; )
I am all on anything like My So-Called Life. That was such good stuff and came to such a pre-mature end.
I'm a Quarterlife addict too. Clearly we have excellent taste. ;)
-Lizzie
Post a Comment