Monday, January 14, 2008

Thank You for Giving Me the Best Day of My Life

Late on Sunday afternoon Brooke, Mihak and I were cruising back to Seattle after spending most of the day up in Shoreline and the song "Thank You" by Dido came on the radio. This inspired Mihak to ask each of us what the best day of our lives had been...none of us could name a specific day. We all decided that is for people who've been married and had kids.

Anyway, the weekend was just about right (as Goldilocks would say). Friday night was good times, although I have to say that American Gangster was quite a violent movie. Saturday got up extra early to trek out with Haley so that we'd be back in time to watch the game. It poured down rain and we stopped shoeing around 12:30. Game didn't start till 1:30 so we had some time to kill. We drove into North Bend to check out the dive bar scene and found a nice little place called the Mount Si Tavern which proved to be a bit like Cheers...everbody knew everybody's name. Haley and I had a total of 5 beers for $15.00 though, so it worked out a-okay! Not so much for the Seahawks..

Saturday night was game night and dessert fondue at Matt and Mihak's--yum!! Mihak and I passed out early though and failed to say good by to anyone...

Sunday was absolutely gorgeous and so of course we had to take advantage! We went out to Mihak's parents' house and picked up Sedona and then went to Magnusson Dog Park. So many dogs and fantastic weather! We did some extreme skipping and cart wheeling and played some frisbee. After dropping Brian off we took Sedona home to Shoreline where Mihak's mom fed us an extravagant feast and even sent us home with gifts. We topped off this wonderful day with some pool and shuffleboard at the Garage.

Maybe not the best day of my life...but I would definitely give it a 9.5!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I think life can be full of so many "best days" it's like you can't compare them anymore; they become a "best life".