Well, March has seemed to appear at my door without much warning...other than of course, the return of rain. Life has seemed to settle into a relaxed domestic pace of late and I kind of enjoy it. I haven't done any serious travel north or south since the Whittie reunion extravaganza and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know my city and having nothing much on my agenda besides relaxation.
I have been pondering a rather weighty question of late though. Really, the genesis for this question lies in my own inability to balance my working life and my life life. How do people find that person who is willing to forgive them being gone, and dragging in late and rushing out early? Whom with sometimes the only communication you have throughout the day is over the phone? Is that something I am willing to put someone else through? Can I handle my own feelings when that person pushes back because they want more of me? I have never been that good at compromise and I can't help but feel that I may have a tough time sacrificing my career for someone else's happiness...
Of course, for my stage in life right now all of these questions are a long way off, but I can't help but think about them when I am constantly surrounded by women who do an amazing job of striking that balance...My hats off to them!
That said, I think I am heading into a month with a little less more relaxation and a lot more go, go, go. I am sure the next time I turn around it will be April and I will be up to my knees in dirty laundry and dishes wondering where my domestic bliss has got to.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment