I was told tonight that I never seem to have anything interesting going on. Panic. Have I become boring at 24? Certainly I am not predictable and stodgy yet, am I? Maybe.
I need to shake things up. Or at least I need to get better at talking about the exciting things in my life. Trouble is, what I find exciting most people would rather nap through. A co-worker of mine asked me this morning if I liked drama. I asked him if he had seen the glint in my eye at a morning meeting. He had. Believe me, we weren't talking about anything that should bring a glint to any sane person's eye. I just happen to be a dork and I like when I can sense tension points between policy and practicality. Lame, I know.
But in all honesty, things have been really exciting in my life of late. I am experiencing things I never have, and frankly thought I probably never would. I wake up excited to go to work (most people can't say that). I am even more excited to come home (most people can say that) and explore my urban neighborhood. I LOVE living in this town (and that is more than I can say for the last place I was) and I can't wait to see what happens here next.
To top it all off, I am going to Mexico in April. So see, it ain't all stale...
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Where in Mexico? If you're going to the Yucatan I can send you my guidebook--I just got back from Chiapas and have a book for the entire peninsula.
Post a Comment