Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We Are All Onions

You know that part in Shrek where Shrek is telling Donkey that ogres are like onions because they have multiple layers? Well, I think we are all a little bit like onions...we all have layers. It is amazing to me how you can know someone for awhile and think you know them fairly well and then they reveal something about themselves that surprises you. I found out today one of my friends is a painter...who knew?

I think it is awesome and amazing when people do things way outside the little box I have stuck them in. I like when I find out that the mother of two loves her boxing class, or that the strait laced guy in khakis likes to climb mountains on his days off, or that the guy in the big truck harbors a love of chick flicks.

Layers are what makes people worth knowing.

No comments: