Friday, June 27, 2008

Just on the Edge of Crazy

One of the most refreshing things is to get together with people who understand what you're going through--who get what your pressures and stresses are. I was out and about with a work buddy today and as our time drew to a close she thanked me for listening to her as her friends in the friend world probably wouldn't understand. I get that, I LOVE my friends, but it is hard to explain the crazy world that I live in at work. And, even if they can understand it, their eyes glaze over after a couple of minutes, and who can blame them?

So tonight over some food and a couple of cocktails, it was good to trade war stories. To hear about others' battle scars and what I might be in for in the future. And in a strange way, it made me that much more excited about the career path I have chosen, even if on some days it feels like it is just on the edge of crazy...

No comments: