Monday, August 04, 2008

If Something Crazy Happens...

And no one else is there to witness it, does it really happen? As I wandered the aisles of the grocery store this evening I was thinking about how I wish I always had someone with me to laugh at the craziness that is other people. Or at the very least it wasn't weird and obnoxious to pull out your camera phone and record the odd behavior all around. Tonight there was a lone man standing in the bulk food section cramming a bag full (and I mean really full) of prunes! What was he going to do with those? Why do you need 5lbs of prunes at 10:30 on a Monday night? I really wanted to ask.

But this brings me to another point-- a new co-worker recently joined our working space. This individual is from Pittsburgh and in case you didn't know, they have their own language there. Anyway, on like day two he tells me that the perfect word for me is nebby and ever since then has continued to accuse me of being a puppet master.

I am nebby. I am trying to stop. But seriously, why with the prunes?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Just tell him you are merely in tune with your humuculus!