Monday, August 11, 2008

So I am not an olympic athlete or anything...

But on Sunday as Michael Phelps chases down his umpteenth gold medal or Shawn Johnson shows the Chinese gymnasts how its done, I will be floundering around in Lake Washington. Or biking across I-90. Or running to and from Seward Park. That's right, Danskin weekend is finally here! All the training I've been doing (ha!) has led up to this week and I will be right there with 1500 women punishing my body to prove something to myself.

I started last fall with a 5k run and from there though, a triathlon, why not? Then August seemed so far away. I certainly won't come in first--or anywhere near it...but I know I can do it--I know I can finish each leg at least. The stringing them together is the hard part.

So as you cheer on the cutie with the big ears think about me too with the not so big ears and the much larger possibility of drowning!

1 comment:

Erin said...

You can do it!