I can't believe there is already the nip of fall in the air--where in the heck did summer go so quickly? I am not sure I would say that summer was so jam packed that it just zoomed by, but I definitely got some good times in. For my birthday this year (the big 2-5) mom and I went up to Rainier and did a little hiking (my first time in the park since moving to Washington!) and then stayed in this abs
olutely fabulous bed and breakfast-y place in Ashford. So quiet and secluded and relaxing--a great way to spend a couple of days away from work!Shortly after that adventure of rejuvenation, I embarked on my major challenge of the year and participated in my first Danskin triathlon--what an absolutely fabulous experience! I definitely had a point after the swim when I felt like giving up, but as I was cruising across I-90 on my bike, I thought to myself: "You're not in the water anymore, you made it onto the bike, you got this!" and I did...I finished in a little over 2 hours and set myself a good baseline goal for next year. If you are looking for a good challenge--I inivite you to participate with me!
The last couple of weeks have been an amalgamation of catching up with old friends, travelling to cute little towns and exploring them all by myself, and thinking about my next adventure...
Today my little sister and I participated in the Bank to Bay--which really marks having been here a whole year for me...I managed to shave a whole 3 minutes off my time and I won a pair of running shoes in the raffle...so all in all a pretty good showing!
JK challenged me to a new goal--the Rock and Roll Half Marathon next summer so that is what I will be training for this winter as well as keeping my self in semi-good triathlon shape. If you can't tell I am starting to take a liking to this uber active lifestyle...I love to compete with myself :).
As we slide into fall, I am super excited to go home next weekend and just be around some of the greatest people in my life. I am kinda excited to catch a few college football games and explore some new coffee shops while staying in out of the weather....we will see what the changing leaves bring.

2 comments:
Congrats on a successful summer! Taking three minutes off is a huge gain - I wish I could have run B to B with you again this year, it's hard to believe it's been a year!
Al- as sappy as this sounds, I'm really inspired by your follow-through. We could all use a little more of that. :) See you in Oct.
-JEC
Post a Comment