I took off from work a little on Friday in order to make it *home* at a decent hour for dinner. Internally I had been resisting the trip all week because I was bummed that I was going to miss seeing DY and going on a ghost tour and eating at BBB's new place. But, when I talked to my mom Thursday night I knew I had little choice but to pack up and go.
I pulled into Ptown about 8 on Friday night and mom and I hit the new Rose's for dinner and then watched The Visitor when we got home.
Saturday morning I slept in and lazed around watching college football (on the BIG screen!) until mom convinced me to go with her into town and do the waterfront walk. It was absolutely gorgeous--a perfect fall day! When we crossed the river we stopped in at the new UO Portland campus (beautiful building!) and wandered through Saturday Market. After that we headed to NW and had a delighful lunch at North 45 and then headed off to see my grandparents. From the G-Rent's house we scooted over to see my nephews (so cute!) and made off with some of my Uncle J's soup...delicious! When E got home he contributed to the soup bounty with bread, tomatoes and berries and then topped it off with a snickerdoodle for dessert--yum! We topped the evening off by watching the Ducks beat UCLA.
Today I had a delightful brunch with M and S and of course got to see Wendy Pendy. Then mom and I went to see Body of Lies (very intense and violent) and then went and spent my dividend at REI.
Suffice it to say, as much as I was dragging my feet about going home...I am really glad I did. A dose of Portland is just what this girl needed!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment