So, if you're in what Facebook defines as my "inner circle" you already know that life is kind of off the rails for me...
Or more accurately, life was off the rails and now it is slowly making its way upright again. If you look at my last post it is dated sometime in 2009 and in some ways I feel like that is where I pressed pause on life.
I didn't really; I did A LOT of living in those 3 years...but as I emerge on the other side it can feel like some things haven't changed or evolved or moved. I fell madly, deeply in love in 2009--the kind of love that is head over heels do the happy dance all the time, grinning from your toes up kind of love. With the Map Man (more later). And eventually he (and his dogs playing poker (or his Seahawks banner) moved in) and even further down the road we got a dog and still farther down that road we fell out of love...or at least I did.
Please, do not mistake me, Map Man is wonderfully kind and gentle and is willing to go out of his way for anyone he cares about. So the problem really lies with me; as I approach 30 I am FREAKING OUT! Therefore, in an effort to gain some modicum of control I have shed all those things over which I do not have complete control (read: Map Man). I have started reading The Happiness Project and consulting m all too wise and hip cousin on which path I should next take in life.
In some ways I feel like there is so much available before me; I can go back to school, I can change careers, I can travel the world...and in some ways I feel like certain things are slipping through my hands like grains of sand; marriage, children, love, stability. So, many days I feel as though I am standing at a precipice deciding whether or not to take the leap.
One of the resolutions that has come out of my reading of The Happiness Project is to write every day and this blog, this resurfacing, will be one outlet for that...
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment