Sorry it has been so long...I have kind of been avoiding this blog as a social crutch, but due to a specific request for "entertainment" I have returned.
I have just completed (or nearly as I will be going to bed soon) what is day 3 of near isolation. IE, I have moved to Eugene. Things here would be a lot better if I knew anybody, but alas, I do not. Thus, I spend my waking hours trying to keep myself busy--watching a lot of tv, doing random tasks around my room, and wandering. Phone calls from friends are always appreciated because they mean I actually talk to someone for an extended period of time. That is why I refer to it as isolation--I spend many hours a day not saying anything...imagine me being quiet! Hard to believe, I know.
I have, however, managed to set up my room (pictures to come soon). Sucessfully navigate my way to Safeway, Target and WinCo...and even wander around campus enough that I don't feel too out of place. I have to keep telling myself that things will get better once school starts and I get to know some people...but I have an overwhelming sense of dread that they will all be too "cool" for me...arg.
I am sorry that this is such a depressing post...really, there are worse situations I could be in (no home, no money, no idea where my family was) but having never experienced a hurricane, this is pretty disheartening to me...
Ah, wallow wallow so I will...on the bright side, I think I am going to go school shopping--we all know how much I like to spend money...I just wish it was someone else's! On another note, the supposedly "quiet" girls upstairs aren't so quiet...and I wish they wouldn't walk around in heels...but I can't discount them yet, they might become my best friends!! :)
I hope you are all well...night!
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dude. I know how you feel. Try isolation with no TV, even. Send me your address and I'll write to you!!
Lizzie :D
Post a Comment