Units of alcohol: 0
Cigarettes: 0
Pounds gained: close to 1 million
Okay, so not that I have a problem with alcohol consumption (keep your opinions to yourselves :)) or cigarettes...but eating...hmmm, I LOVE it. In the past week and a half I have probably gained copious amounts of weight--I have also experienced some of the numerous culinary delights of Eugene.
Culinary delights??? You say? Isn't this Eugene we're talking about? Why, yes it is my dear Watson, and culinary delights it apparently has. In the past couple of weeks I have been to Mazzi's (a classic family favorite) Cafe Zenon (deliciously mediterrainianish) Sweet Life (twice...it is just that good) and The Pizza Research Institute (affectionately known as the PRI and definitely worth a return trip), oh, I almost forgot Chapala (mexican, delicious enchiladas) My culinary samplings have also included a trip to Ocean Sky supposedly the best Chinese restaurant in Eugene...I was told (by a reputable source :)) that chinese food is best judged on its duck...based on this, Eugene leaves a little to be desired in this category (although, I did like the Chow Mein).
Given all this eating out (supplemented by a sumptuous dinner at Jeff's and leftover Chinese food) I fear that I have gained many many pounds...seriously...so fat right now...
This is not one of my normal "I am so fat" things either...I mean I know I am not really any fatter...but where do all those calories go?
Must make mental note to go to gym. :)
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Today I was walking home from the metro and I saw a license plate that made me think of you. It said "SEE AL." No joke. Someone out there is trying to hype you up.
-Lizzie
Hey Al,
How can you tell if someone is a good farmer?
If they are out-standing in their field. Haha, get it? I thought that one was really funny. Anyway, you just talking about all this food makes me want to move there now! Then we could consume copious amounts of calories together. Hope your week has been treating you well. I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
M
It is true, eating excessivly will probably cause you to gain weight. But Al, thanksgiving week is among us. It is your duty as an American to eat as much as you possibly can this Thurday.
I say enjoy this week, and then worry about things such as weight and health next week. Just don't have the same mentality next week (and the one after, and after)
Mm... turkey.
-Sam
Albert!
I love Bridget Jones and everything about her. I want to watch that movie right now! I wish I hadn't left it in Seattle :(
Take care and thanks for the Thanksgiving thoughts, too (your newer blog entry!)
Love Kristen
Post a Comment