I finally *finished* the seminar paper I have been working on for like five days. I say finished very loosely because it needs lots and lots of work. For now, however, it is being shelved until after thanksgiving break.
Speaking of break, this is the first time in 4 years that I have only gotten Thursday and Friday off for break. I don't like it...I want to be at home sleeping in and eating food that I didn't pay for, but alas, I am here in Hendricks anxiously awaiting the beginning of Economics.
A final thought on thanksgiving (well, maybe not a final thought as I am sure I will update close to t-day on the craziness of my family) but does anyone else find it strange that the President pardons a turkey? I mean do they have one turkey that they pardon every year. Or, is it a new turkey every year? If it is a new turkey, what do they do with the one they pardoned last year? Is it granted a pardon for the entire span of its life, or only for the year in which it is pardoned? Also, I find it a bit ironic that President Bush, who refused to pardon any humans during his governship, will pardon turkeys. Ah, but enough talk of politics, that, and religion, (and possibly one's social life) are always topics to be avoided on family holidays.
Safe travels to everyone hitting the road or the airways in the next couple of days. To those of you in foreign countries, I hope you find a warm, festive place to indulge in this most American of holidays. Remember to give thanks for the people and things in your life that are most important. And, don't eat all the mashed potatoes...save some for me!
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm thankful to have Al as a great friend. Awwww, laying on the sap, but it's true. Say hi to your family for me. Love ya!
It's a different turkey every year, and the lucky turkey goes to a farm to live out the rest of its gobbling days.
I like your comment about Bush pardoning turkeys but not people. Food for thought. Oh, SNAP! Bad pun. Sorry. My brain started Thanksgiving break without me.
Way to write that paper! Have a great Thanksgiving Al!
-Lizzie
Post a Comment