I am all done with my first term of grad school! Amazing. I feel like I had a lot of work at the end, but I dopn't feel it was anything near what Whitman demanded. For this reason it has been a bit difficult for me to be all that excited about finishing. But still, I am done...and this isn't necessarily somewhere I imagined myself a year ago. A year ago I was cramming to finish stuff up at Whitman before heading off for a restful break. At that time all my friends were coming home and we were gauranteed to have a good time.
This year things are plenty different. For instance, I spend much of my time with people who are older than I am...this is strange at times. On the homefront, although I am still planning on returning for a restful break, it is a whole different thing. Not all my friends will be around this year...one of them is even married and living in Japan...did we see that one coming when we were sitting around eating cheese and crackers at Rica's house? I think not. There are also newly important people in my life and a part of me worries about how I am going to split time between the old and the new. Additionally, Matt and Mihak or I will be traveling to spend some time together this holiday season--seems so adult doesn't it? Again, I have a wedding to attend...still feeling old about that one. Finally, I am going to Sunriver this weekend with a group of people I didn't even know a year ago--amazing!
It is incredible how things change in a year. One thing that doesn't change is my ability to procrastinate. That being said, I am trying to get a jump on my shopping this year (jump you say?? Aren't there only like 18 days left?) but seriously, that's a jump for me. If you have any great gift ideas for moms or brothers, let me know, I could use some inspiration!
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats on being done!!! So, I just found out I will be going to Hawaii Jan 8-15, which means I will NOT be able to go to the wedding...but Matt will still be going. Let's still discuss New Years plans and your possible plans to come visit before then. Enjoy your freedom!
Love ya,
M
Post a Comment