Friday, December 16, 2005

Notes from home...

Today I am taking a day off. From what exactly I am not sure, but I am being really lazy. That said, I thought I would update my blog.

It occurred to me the other day that a place is not really somewhere you are intending to stay unless you change the preprogrammed buttons on your radio in your car. I haven't done this. My car is permanently tuned to Portland stations...forcing me to scan the dial every time I am lookking for something new ine Eugene. Does this bother me? No. Instead I look blissfully forward to reaching the outskirts of Salem when all the Portland stations miraculously come in crystal clear. Thus, I know I am almost home.

In other news it is brutally cold here...last night when I was driving home (granted it was 4:30) the bank clock read 24 degrees. Brrrrr....

Eddie and I thought that we should celebrate this cold by standing outside in it for nearly an hour while we waited to eat sushi. But man was that sushi good. If you're in Portland you should check it out. I, however, cleverly am not going to post the name of said sushi place here....that way you will have to call me and announce your presence in town if you want to eat good sushi! :).

On a final note, I actually ordered x-mas gifts online this year, and it seems to have gone smoothly. I am always wary of doing this because I am never sure that the gifts are actually going to show up in time, but we shall see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! I've been in DC for a year now, and almost all my stations are still set to Portland stations. As I was working out the details of a one-year lease agreement this afternoon I thought to myself, "guess it's time to change the radio settings."