Or not, I am actually Welsh...aren't we supposed to hate the Irish? Well, I don't...but I think historically I am supposed to. But the title is meant to invoke the idea that tomorrow is St. Patty's Day. That's right, wear green...or you'll get pinched.
Is the whole pinching thing just a West Coast gig? We were talking about it this morning and Nora was like "What??" She decided it must be restricted to the West Coast. I kind of hope so...the pinching thing has always made me kind of nervous...this is why I am always a super big proponent of the green thing--please, please wear it!
My favorite St. Patty's Day took place about three years ago in London. Erin and I had flown over to meet Erica and St. Patty's Day was the second night that we were there. We went to an Irish bar in Chinatown in London how funny is that?? This is before I drank beer so I of course turned down the Guinness...but I would probably drink it now. There is really nothing better than hanging out in some random bar in a foreign country with a bunch of drunk Irish men on the best of their national holidays.
I like to have a good time in life...a lot of good times have to do with eating and drinking...maybe I should have been Irish instead of Welsh...
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's T minus one hour until St. Paddy's Day and I realized I have NO GREEN! AAAH! I'm going to get pinched all over! Thanks for reminding me...now I gotta dig something out of the closet.
Hi Al! The pinching thing is an east coast thing too. I remember some of the elder Irish people back in Massachusetts who'd scare the little kiddies with threats of pinches. You bet I was wearing green on St. Patrick's Day!
-Khai :)
Post a Comment