Sunday, March 19, 2006

Passion Lives Here

Today was a day that reminded me of why I live in Oregon. It was gorgeous! After a rather lazy morning (some reading and tv with my cereal) I got dressed and went on a hike. My favorite place to hike around here is Mt. Pisgah. It is not a tough hike, but the reward is absolutely stunning. From the top of the hike you can see Eugene/Springfield on one side and I believe Coburg etc. on the other side.

By the time I reached the top the sun was streaming down making it quite toasty despite the elevation. I spent some time at the top reflecting and clearing my head. This cute little girl asked if she could share my rock. A little while later he even younger brother tottered over, so I offered him my seat. I decided it was time to head down.

On the way down I got a call from Erica, but due to elevation and some power lines, reception wasn't great. I caught up with her a bit, but had to postpone the conversation until I reached the valley. I took a new path down and got to see some cool old growth.

On the way home I actually had the window down was cranking the music and loving the fact that it is spring time. It was absolutely gorgeous! I love days like that when you can just cruise the country backroads and feel that you have no other worries stretching out ahead of you.

Before I reached home I stopped at the grocery store and bought some delicious ingredients for lunch as well as dinner. I made myself a wonderful bagel with cream cheese, pesto and tomato...one of my favorites!

Besides the work I had to do today was a great day...filled with activity, good food and great conversations with friends! I have three more days of pretty hard work and then I am off for spring break--I can't wait!

1 comment:

Erin said...

...and you are most definitely painting one of the biggest reasons I am moving to your gorgeous state...