Monday, April 17, 2006

Impending Sunniness

I promise you, sunniness is a word.

Da Weekend:

Friday: After lab I went out for a quick drink at Rennie's and was planning on heading home. I, however, was coaxed into going to a fundraising event with the department called Prom for Mom. This event was for a fellow classmate whose mom has been diagnosed with lung cancer and (until recently) had no health insurance. Bart, Lori and I headed to Goodwill to purchase our get-ups and I came out with a pretty sweet bright blue jumpsuit. Paired with some skiing sunglasses that Amie had, I have to say I looked hott (yeah, that is right, two t's).

Saturday: Got up and headed home as I was supposed to do Friday. Mom and I were going shoe shopping, but we got a call from Susan to go have a pedicure. Pedicures are probably my number one guilty pleasure. Like I actually feel guilty when I get them...I mean seriously these (probably recent immigrant) women have to clean and paint my feet? At the best classist, at the worst imperialist. But God, I love pedicures...seriously...wow. After having our feet done we went and grabbed lunch at Coop's and then went to DSW shoes...yay two new pairs! Erica's Mecca, I swear. After all that fun running around I went to Eddie's for Sam's (etc.) birthday party. There were tons of people there...I was kind of overwhelmed...After dinner we went roller skating per Sam's request. I shouldn't say that I actually roller skated though...more accurately I rolled around while Eddie pulled me along and I yelled at him about how much I hated him for making me do such silly things. Erin graciously encouraged me many times...but it didn't improve my abilities much. After the hell on wheels we went to Madison's. Seriously has to be some of the worst service I have ever received at a bar. I mean the general principle at a bar is to sell me stuff, right? Well, they're bad at it.

Sunday: Got up and made Eddie go to Easter brunch with the family. It was at my Aunt T's again this year. I have to say the highlight for me by far had to be the opportunity to hold the new baby. So cute! After brunch I dropped Eddie off so he could go to his frisbee tournament and I headed over to Rachel's. Before I got to Rach's I made a brief stop at Erica's and had a nice chat with her dad. Rach and I hung out for a couple hours just talking about anything and everything. Finally, I stopped off to see my mom and dog one last time before heading back to school.

The reality is I am really avoiding school...thus the title of this blog, impending sunniness--it is the only thing getting me through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to DSW too, on Friday! I got cute strappy going-out shoes. Now that I'd discovered that place--just 10 minutes from my house in Arlington--I'm going to have to institute a whole new kind of self-control.
What I like most about it is that it's full of other women fawning over shoes so you don't feel silly doing it yourself. :P

Anonymous said...

one of my last memories of oregon is rachel, you and I sitting in her room hanging out listening to the verve.

Old school man. Sounds like you had a great Easter.

Erin said...

I think you looked beautiful on skates, and the lack of service was an absolute insult to the efforts we put in that night!