Thursday, April 13, 2006

Letting bygones be bygones...

So I have decided not to finish my Spring Break recap. Not because Spring Break wasn't fun, or because there are things I don't want to talk about, just because time has passed and it is no longer relevant information...if you really want to know what I did, you'll have to call me.

I have decided instead to regale you with two pieces of wisdom I have acquired in the past few days.

The first is a little bit of observation/rant that Shana shared with us the other morning. We were discussing the necessity of program measurement, I was arguing that I find it a little ridiculous that the only way we consider programs valid is if we can measure the outcomes. To which Shana replied, "Don't blame me, let's go back and bitch at Plato about it..." What a great way to shirk responsibility for anything...don't like modern medicine? Don't blame your doctor, go back and kick Hipocrates' ass.

The other piece of wisdom was a line from Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour. On page 156 Bourdain writes, "What is love? Love is eating twenty-four ounces of raw fish at 4 o'clock in the morning." Now, Bourdain may be talking about some of the best fish he has ever tasted in his long and storied career, but seriously? I would hate to be his wife..."Hey baby, the sex was good...but not as good as this ahi..."

No comments: