Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Two songs and a rant

I have discovered two must play songs for my wedding. This might sound silly since I am nowhere near getting married, heck I need a guy first! But, in my opinion it's always good to be prepared :).
Lullaby-The Dixie Chicks

They didn't have you where I come from
Never knew the best was yet to come
Life began when I saw your face
And I hear your laugh like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

I slip in bed when you're asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there'll be so much to do
So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

As you wander through this troubled world
In search of all things beautiful
You can close your eyes when you're miles away
And hear my voice like a serenade

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up

AND

Happy Everafter in Your Eyes-Ben Harper

The morning sunrise spread her wings
While the moon hung in the sky
Held the sea in your hands
And happy everafter in your eyes

Couldn't leave you to go to heaven
I carry you in my smile
For the first time my true reflection i see
Happy everafter in your eyes

Every star in the night
Promises the dawn
I will be there if you fall
To ever so heavily rest upon

All that i can give you
Is forever yours to keep
Wake up every day with a dream
And happyever after in your eyes

Happy everafter is in your eyes

I just think those songs would be so sweet to dance to--and since it may be a long time before I get the chance, If you would like to use them at your wedding feel free--just make sure I am invited!! :)

Now a rant:

I can't stand it when people go searching for themselves because they are "lost." Grow up, get a job, figure it out--stop living off mommy and daddy. I feel bad saying this because I have lots of friends still trying to land on their feet--but at least do something in the mean time...don't think a change of scenery will necessarily help you find yourself. I heard the best quote today--"The thing about being lost is you can be lost anywhere." I think people need to stop thinking a change of geography will help them.

Rant over...

Maybe a post about the Seattle trip next :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Rant seconded!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, please talk about how great Seattle was (is) and how you fell in love with it so much that you have decided to move here post-graduation! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love ben harper... :) good, good choice.