Monday, September 03, 2007

Laboring (or not so much)

This weekend was good times. I wanted to get out of town and so I did...
I visited Rach in Bend for a couple days--the weather was beautiful and we had a great time! Woke up mid morning on Saturday and wandered down to this cute little bakery for breakfast. Then we went to REI to get Rach a hiking book and allow me to spend some money in a tax free zone...I went in looking for snowshoes and came out with a pair of Choco flips instead...hmmm...someone should take the credit card away. After returning home we used the newly purchased hiking book and took a trip to a little hike outside of Bend to a place called Alder Creek Springs--we just did the short out and back since we didn't start until like 5, but if you do the longer one you ford the creek and get to the confluence of the Deschutes eventually--perhaps on the next Bend trip. There was a forest fire outside of Black Butte which made for an absolutely stunning sunset on the way home.
We arrived home after a stop at the grocery store and had an excellent dinner over a bottle of wine. One of my absolute favorite things in the whole wide world is good conversation with great friends.
Sunday morning Rach made a great breakfast and after pulling ourselves away from the couch we went and checked out her new classroom (where she'll be all in charge come tomorrow) and then we wandered in to downtown Bend and took a stroll along the river. We stopped for quite awhile to sit in the shade and watch a Ren Faire battle (awesome!) then we ate lunch/dinner (is that linner?) at this cute little pizza place. Then we came home and read/chatted/knitted for another hour before I decided it was time to hit the road.
Today is a day of lollygagging and putting my life in order--I LOVE holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Al! It sounds like you've been having a lot of good times lately. You make the post-graduation working world seem bearable. I'm glad you still blog, too, so I get to read about it! ;)
-Lizzie